Are you interested in learning about strategies to reduce violence against sex workers, lesbians, single and disabled women, and trans people? Here's your chance to make a difference with other like-minded people – volunteer at Count Me In! Conference from 16th to 18th of April 2011.
The Count Me In! Conference is a unique platform where leading South Asian scholars and activists will look to address violence against marginalised women, and collaboratively build strategies of resistance. Plans are already underway for this unique event, and we want more people to get involved. We're looking for people who are passionate about ending violence against marginalised women, and can donate their time to making Count Me In! a success.
Volunteers are needed to:
- interpret conference proceedings from English to Nepali, Bangla, Urdu, Hindi and sign language
- assist disabled participants
- assist with conference logistics and co-ordination
- assist performers before and after their performance
Want to be a Count Me In! Conference volunteer? Download the Volunteer Form here and send it to email@example.com.
- Volunteers will be provided conference material and goodies, as well as entry to some performances.
- Volunteers from outside Kathmandu will have to arrange their own travel and accommodation.